September 11, 2020 at 11:56 am #7441adminSeptember 11, 2020 at 6:01 pm #7486Monica Hielema
Class Name: History for Grammar Students
This week’s focus: Colonies Formed / The Great Awakening
• Parent and student together read or listen to weekly lessons in Mystery of History text. It is rewarding to read lessons together with siblings and mom, or as an entire family. (This approach leads to great family discussions!)
• Optional hands on activities for younger (grades 1 to 4) and middle age (grades 5 to 8) can be found in the Companion Guide.
• Mapping exercises for various ages are available in Companion Guide for printing. Answer keys are also available.
• A class on Thursday over Zoom will focus on a portion of the weekly lesson.
• Students, especially younger students, are encouraged to bring weekly coloring sheet and/or timeline figure posted in the History section of the Resource Library to Zoom class to neatly and carefully color while listening to the weekly history lesson.
• Optional: Middle and Upper Grammar students, you may choose to create a weekly sketchbook page using the coloring page and/or the time line figure.
• Building a timeline is strongly recommended using the week’s focus to narrow down which figures to feature. (https://themysteryofhistory.com/store/the-mystery-of-history-volume-iv/volume-iv-convenience-products/htta-volume-iv-cardstock/)
• A copy of timeline song lyrics to memorize are in the History section of the Resource Library. (A melody for a potential song is in the working, no promises.) Thanks to Jolene Friesen for working on the lyrics! Weekly actions will be added during the Zoom class.
• Thanks to Andrea Kornelson for sharing enrichment resources.
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Begin reading MOH text ~ Lessons 1, 2, 3
• Optional: bring coloring page and/or timeline page(s) to class (work on while listening)
To be completed this week:
• Complete Reading/Listening to Lessons 1 to 3
• History read aloud (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and submissions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.