November 27, 2020 at 11:50 am #8426adminNovember 27, 2020 at 11:52 am #8429admin
Music: Grades 1 & 2
With your family, watch O Come O Come Emmanuel by the Piano Guys.
- What emotions are the musicians expressing in their playing?
- Use this time to quietly reflect on the meaning of Advent
Watch Tchaikovsky’s The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies from the Nutcracker Ballet.
- How would you describe the dancer’s movements?
- What do you think about when you watch and listen?
- What is the name of the instrument that is accompanying her?
Rhythm Challenge: Get ready for some fun!
Watch The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy video and clap the rhythms.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgNovember 27, 2020 at 1:52 pm #8440Heather McCollister
Class Name: Literature – Grade 1/2
This week’s focus: Japan
To be completed this week: Japan
As a usual requirement, as students are able, record something they have learned about Japan in their Adventure Journal. It could be a sentence about the story read last week on Grandfather’s Journey. It could be research from an icon in the Map book, that your child was interested in.
Writing with Ease – Week 10
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
Just before we leave Japan, there is a beautiful type of poetry that comes from this country. Haiku poetry is well-known and loved, representing little bits of beauty from the natural world.
It’s pattern is based on syllables. No more than 17 syllables with a 5-7-5 pattern. Here is the link to a book about Basho, a great Haiku poet. The reader does not read the Haiku poetry in the book aloud, so feel free to pause the video and read the three line poetry throughout.
Could you write your own Haiku poetry in your Adventure Journal before we leave Japan? Is there something beautiful in the nature around you now, that you could write about?
This week in our Zoom classes on either Tuesday or Friday, we are headed to a new country, Thailand!
THIS MONTH’S ASSIGNMENT FOR SUBMISSION:
One photocopy of an adventure journal entry by December 18, 2020 OR a page of copywork from Writing with Ease to be submitted to Ms. Monica.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know at email@example.com
November 27, 2020 at 6:34 pm #8448Monica Hielema
- This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Heather McCollister.
Class Name: History for Lower Grammar Students (optional)
This week’s focus: David Livingston Explores Africa
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Begin reading MOH text ~ Lessons 25, 26
• Optional to work on during Thursday’s Class: Bring Colouring Sheet for MOH Week
• OR David Livingston coloring page: David Livingston Colouring Sheet
• And/or timeline page: Timeline Page
To be completed this week:
• Complete Reading/Listening to Lessons 25, 26
• History read aloud (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
ENRICHMENT CHOICES – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Review Timeline Cards
• Companion Guide
• Map 13 Companion Guide
• Colouring Sheets
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and submissions
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.