September 18, 2020 at 10:59 am #7535adminSeptember 18, 2020 at 5:01 pm #7553Monica Hielema
Class Name: History for Grammar Students
This week’s focus: Seven Year’s War
• Parent and student together read or listen to weekly lessons in Mystery of History text. It is rewarding to read lessons together with siblings and mom, or as an entire family. (This approach leads to great family discussions!)
• Optional hands on activities for younger (grades 1 to 4) and middle age (grades 5 to 8) can be found in the Companion Guide.
• Mapping exercises for various ages are available in Companion Guide for printing. Answer keys are also available.
• A Zoom class on Thursday will focus on a portion of the weekly lesson.
• Students, especially younger students, are encouraged to bring weekly coloring sheet and/or timeline figure posted in the History section of the Resource Library to Zoom class to neatly and carefully color while listening to the weekly history lesson.
• Optional: Middle and Upper Grammar students, you may choose to create a weekly sketchbook page using the coloring page and/or the time line figure.
• Building a timeline is strongly recommended using the week’s focus to narrow down which figures to feature. (https://themysteryofhistory.com/store/the-mystery-of-history-volume-iv/volume-iv-convenience-products/htta-volume-iv-cardstock/)
• A change: We will memorize the time line cards. Each week I will add another card to learn while always reviewing each card learnt. KEEP these cards in a place where you can review them regularly. Weekly actions will be added during the Zoom class.
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Begin reading MOH text ~ Lessons 4, 5, 6
• (GRADE 5 and 6): Label Seven Year’s War using answer key (PARENTS: as needed, help your child label, create Legend using pencil crayons (These are in your companion guide but I have also posted them in the Resource Library). You can finish coloring map during class. Please bring map to class as reference. (This is optional for grades 3 and 4.)
• Optional: Bring coloring page and/or timeline page to class (work on while listening).
To be completed this week:
• Complete Reading/Listening to Lessons 4, 5, 6
• History read aloud (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Review last weeks Timeline Cards – 13 Colonies, The Great Awakening
• Read Aloud: With Frederick The Great: A Story of the 7 Years War GA Henty http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19714/19714-h/19714-h.htm
• Companion Guide!
• Life as a Child in the 18th Century: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVxad8R4Nig
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and submissions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.