Class Name: Well Ordered Language Level 1B
This week’s focus: Chapter 7 ~ Compound Direct Objects
*** This is our last Zoom lesson for WOL.
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Introduction: pages 179 to 189
• Terms to Remember through song/chant – Direct Object (1-9), Four Classes of Verbs (1-10), Conjunction (1-20), Object Pronouns (1-15)
• During Wednesday’s Zoom class we will work through Part A
• BRING TO CLASS: WOL workbook and pencil / small whiteboard and marker OR a clipboard with paper and marker.
To be completed this week:
• Complete Chapter 7 – A (we will work through lesson orally/on white board during Schole lesson)
• Complete Chapter 7 – B and C
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Lessons to Learn – Review
• Lessons to Enjoy – Poem, Fable
(Optional) Poem to Memorize: (taken from Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization – IEW)
There Was an Old Person Whose Habits by Edward Lear
There was an Old Person whose habits
Induced him to feed upon rabbits;
When he’d eaten eighteen,
He turned perfectly green,
Upon which he relinquished those habits.
***POEM OF THE MONTH: The Cattle Country by E. Pauline Johnson:
THIS MONTH’S WOL QUIZ:
Chapter 7 Compound Direct Objects Quiz (Resource Library): http://www.calgaryclassicalschole.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/WOL1B-Quizzes-Keys.pdf
Enter mark on May Submission Guide with marking guide available in Resource Library WOL.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and submissions.