Class Name: History for Lower Grammar Students (optional)
This week’s focus: Mystery of History Week 1: Lesson 1, 2, 3
• As desired, parent and student together read or listen to weekly lessons in Mystery of History text. It is rewarding to read lessons together with siblings and mom, or as an entire family. (The text is written for grade 3 and older students. Lower Gammar can follow along gleaning understanding. The read aloud will bring the “living” context.
• Optional hands on activities for younger age (grades 1 to 4) can be found in the Companion Guide.
• A weekly 20 minute class will be part of Schole Monday.
• Students, especially younger students, may want to color weekly sheet while listening to history readings. (Link to coloring page will be provided each week.)
To be completed this week:
• MOH text – Lessons 1, 2, 3
• History read aloud (Appendix B of Curriculum Guide.) Suggestion: Adam and His Kin by Ruth Beechick
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Coloring Sheet http://www.calgaryclassicalschole.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Mystery-of-History-1-Colouring-Page-Week-1.pdf
• The Gospel Project for Kids: “God Created the World”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrwd7DgStA
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.