Class Name: History for Dialectic Students
This week’s focus: Week 1: Lesson 1, 2, 3
• Read weekly lessons in Mystery of History text. It is rewarding to read lessons together with siblings and mom, or as an entire family. (This approach leads to great family discussions!)
• Complete weekly Bible reading. Suggestion – read one chapter a day.
• Optional activities including mapping and quizzes can be found in Companion Guide.
• There will be a monthly Schole class – last Monday of month.
• Building a timeline or using My Book of Centuries is strongly recommended.
• Choose living books to accompany history learning. Lists are provided in Appendix B and C of curriculum guide.
To be completed this week:
• Read MOH text – Lessons 1, 2, 3
• Bible reading – Genesis 1 – 3
• In Bible / History notebook – After reading in the Bible, complete one sentence for each chapter. This could be in the form of a question, quote or comment.
An example after reading Genesis 1:
A question: What might the world have looked like still incomplete after day two? OR
A quote: “And God saw everything he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.” Genesis 1:31 OR
A comment: I notice that after each day of creation God said that it was good.
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• History reading (Suggestions – Appendix B and C of Curriculum Guide.)
• Timeline or My Book of Centuries
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and submissions.