Class Name: Well Ordered Language Level 1A
Tutor: Monica Hielema
This week’s focus: Chapter 1 Four Kinds of Sentences
• You will be embarking on a journey of learning grammar WITH your student.
• Recommended overview video: https://classicalacademicpress.com/pages/well-ordered-language-teacher-training-level-1a
• This chapter briefly introduces several grammatical elements that you won’t be able to teach fully until later in this book. For example: Have students memorize the song for Eight Parts of Speech without stopping to explain them all.
• Attend to the analysis – in this chapter, its choral analysis only (the marking begins in chapter 2).
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Introduction to eight parts of speech and four kinds of sentences – pages 3 to 11 (be familiar with four types of sentences / practise choral analysis)
• Daily sing/chant songs/review definitions with the goal of memorizing terms – Eight Parts of Speech (1-1) and Sentence (1-2)
• During Wednesday’s Zoom class we will orally work through Lessons to Learn A
BRING TO CLASS: Student workbook and pencil / Small whiteboard and marker OR a clipboard with recycled paper and a marker.
To be completed this week: (Some families choose to spread the lessons over two weeks doing a little bit every day.)
• Complete Lesson 1 – Lessons to Learn A (We will work on this during class using whiteboard/clipboard), B and C (continue oral analysis)
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Lessons to Learn – Review
• Lessons to Enjoy – Poem, Fable
THIS MONTH’S ASSIGNMENT FOR SUBMISSION:
Quiz: Chapter 1 Four Types of Sentences / Complete quiz after completing lesson– either enter mark on Submission Guide with marking guide available in WOL Resource Library OR email quiz to firstname.lastname@example.org to be marked.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and submissions.