Class Name: History for Lower Grammar Students (optional)
This week’s focus: Colonies Formed / The Great Awakening
• As desired, parent and student together read or listen to weekly lessons in Mystery of History text. It is rewarding to read lessons together with siblings and mom, or as an entire family. (The text is not written for Lower Grammar students but they can follow along gleaning understanding as they are able. The read aloud will bring the “living” context.
• Optional hands on activities for younger age (grades 1 to 4) can be found in the Companion Guide.
• A class on Thursday over Zoom will focus on a portion of the weekly lesson.
• Lower Grammar are encouraged to bring weekly coloring sheet posted in the History section of the Resource Library to Zoom class to neatly and carefully color while listening to the weekly history lesson.
• A copy of timeline song lyrics to memorize are in the History section of the Resource Library. (A melody for a potential song is in the working, no promises.) Thanks to Jolene Friesen for working on the lyrics! Weekly actions will be added during the Zoom class.
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Begin reading MOH text ~ Lessons 1, 2, 3
• Optional: bring coloring page to class (work on while listening)
To be completed this week:
• Complete Reading/Listening to Lessons 1 to 3
• History read aloud (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Monica Hielema.