Class Name: History for Dialectic
This week’s focus: Week 1 in MOH text
Tutor: Video Lectures (Monica Hielema is contact person)
• Read or listen to the reading of weekly lessons in Mystery of History text. It is rewarding to read lessons together with siblings and mom, or as an entire family. (This approach leads to great family discussions!)
• Listen to video lectures that accompany lessons read.
• Optional activities, exercises, quizzes and tests can be found in Companion Guide.
• Mapping exercises are available in Companion Guide for printing. Answer keys are also available.
• Building a timeline is strongly recommended. (https://themysteryofhistory.com/store/the-mystery-of-history-volume-iv/volume-iv-convenience-products/htta-volume-iv-cardstock/)
• Choose living books to accompany history learning. This should include family read alouds. (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
• The schedule follows the pacing of Grammar History to foster family history learning.
• Thanks to Andrea Kornelson for sharing enrichment resources!
To be completed this week:
• MOH text ~ Lessons 4, 5, 6
• RECOMMENDED: Label Seven Year’s War using answer key. (This can be found in Companion Guide but for your convenience, I have also posted it in the Resource Library.)
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Read Aloud: With Frederick The Great: A Story of the 7 Years War GA Henty http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19714/19714-h/19714-h.htm
• Companion Guide!
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.