Class Name: History for Grammar Students
This week’s focus: The War of Independence (American Revolution)
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Begin reading MOH text ~ Lesson 9 (from week 3) AND Lessons 10, 11 (from week 4)
• Optional: Bring coloring page and/or timeline page to class (work on while listening).
• Map #5 in Companion Guide (also posted in Resource Library) is helpful as a reference (option is to print and bring to class).
To be completed this week:
• Complete Reading/Listening to Lessons 9,10, 11
• History read aloud (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Some read aloud titles to choose from for this time period: Flight, Johnny Tremain, and/or Carry On Mr. Bowditch, Indian Captive, The Sign of the Beaver, Mr. Revere and I
• Review Timeline Cards
• Companion Guide
• Read Paul Revere’s Ride https://poets.org/poem/paul-reveres-ride
• Coloring sheet for Paul Revere’s Ride (Resource Library)
• Read / Listen to Give Me Liberty or Death Speech
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and submissions.