Class Name: Well Ordered Language Level 1A
This week’s focus: Chapter 3 Principal Elements, Part 2 – Subject and Predicate Verb
• Recommended overview video for chapter 3: https://classicalacademicpress.com/pages/well-ordered-language-teacher-training-level-1a
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Introduction pages 47 to 56
• Practice memorizing 23 helping verbs. (Use the song (1-6) to help!)
• Terms to Remember through song/chant – Principal Elements (1-3), Subject and Predicate (1-4), Eight Parts of Speech (1-1), Nouns (1-5), *NEW: Verbs and Helping Verbs (1-6)
• During Wednesday’s Zoom class we will work through Part A
• BRING TO CLASS: WOL workbook and pencil / small whiteboard and marker OR a clipboard with paper and marker.
To be completed this week:
• Complete Lesson 1 – A (we will work through this orally/on white board during Schole lesson), B and C.
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Lessons to Learn – Review
• Lessons to Enjoy – Poem, Fable
(Optional) Poem to Memorize: (taken from Linguistic Development Through Poetry Memorization – IEW)
1. The Vulture
by Hilaire Belloc
The vulture eats between his meals,
And that’s the reason why
He very, very rarely feels
As well as you or I.
His eye is dull. His head is bald,
His neck is growing thinner,
Oh, what a lesson for us all,
To only eat at dinner!
by Ogden Nash
Develops the jaw,
But celery, stewed,
Is more quietly chewed.
THIS MONTH’S WOL ASSIGNMENT FOR SUBMISSION:
Quiz for Chapter 3 Principal Elements Part 2 (Resource Library) – enter mark on October Submission Guide with marking guide available in Resource Library WOL.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and submissions.