Music: Grades 3-4
With your family, watch this video O Come O Come Emmanuel by the Piano Guys.
- What emotions are the musicians expressing in their playing?
- Use this time to quietly reflect on the meaning of Advent
Watch Tchaikovsky’s Dance of the Knights from the ballet Romeo and Juliet.
- What is the expression on the dancers’ faces?
- What emotions are they trying to portray?
- What words can you use to describe the music?
- Does this seem like a “dance” to you? Why or why not?
Compare with Tchaikovsky’s Dance of the Little Swans from the ballet Swan Lake.
- How would you describe this dance?
- What is the tempo (speed) of this dance?
- Which instruments do you hear?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org