Class Name: Grade 8/9 Literature 2
This week’s focus: The White Silence
To be completed this week:
1. Huck Finn Final Essay – due today. Thank you to those who have already submitted it. I will be marking them on Monday and hoping to have them returned to you by Tuesday.
2. Read this thoughtful piece of writing about The Gift of the Magi
3. Complete Chapter 7 of Art of Poetry, Shape: Stanza and Line.
4. Complete activity 10 on Page 90. On the shared google document attached, submit one example of a type of stanza from either the internet or another poetry book besides Art of Poetry – Monostich, couplet, tercet, quatrain, cinquain, Sestet, Septet, Octave. Make sure you put your name in brackets by your submission.
5. Read the short story The White Silence by Jack London 2-3 times this week. Complete a Story Chart, elaborate on the different types of conflict. Which type of conflict is strongest in this story? Why?
DECEMBER ASSIGNMENT FOR SUBMISSION:
Submit a Story Chart for either Nobody’s Story by Charles Dickens, or The White Silence by Jack London. Use the sheet we filled out earlier in September or if you feel that space was too limited, you can take the elements one by one and give each a brief description either typed or handwritten. This will be due on January 5, 2020.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com