Class Name: Well Ordered Language Level 1A
This week’s focus: Chapter 7 ~ Subject Pronouns
• RECOMMENDED overview video for chapter 7: https://classicalacademicpress.com/pages/well-ordered-language-teacher-training-level-1a
• To reinforce the three types of persons, have your child chant: FIRST: speaking (Use your thumbs and point to yourself.), SECOND: spoken to (Point your index fingers straight out.), THIRD: spoken of (Point your thumbs over your right shoulder.)
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Introduction: pages 157 to 162
• Terms to Remember through song/chant – NEW Pronoun (1-11), NEW Subject Pronoun (1-12), and NEW Antecedents (1-13)
• During Wednesday’s Zoom class we will work through Part A
• BRING TO CLASS: WOL workbook and pencil / small whiteboard and marker OR a clipboard with paper and marker.
To be completed this week:
• Complete Lesson 7 – A (we will work through lesson orally/on white board during Schole lesson)
• Complete Lesson 7 – B and C
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Lessons to Learn – Review
• Lessons to Enjoy – Poem, Fable
(Optional) Poem to Memorize: (taken from Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization – IEW)
By Rose Fyleman
I wake in the morning early
And always, the very first thing,
I poke out my head and I sit up in bed
And I sing and I sing and I sing.
***POEM OF THE MONTH: Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening: http://www.calgaryclassicalschole.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Robert-Frost.pdf
THIS MONTH’S WOL QUIZ:
Chapter 8 Interrogative Sentences (Resource Library) – enter mark on January Submission Guide with marking guide available in Resource Library WOL.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and submissions.