Class Name: Literature – Grade 1/2
This week’s focus: India
To be completed this week:
1. After hearing the story of Little Babaji, can you draw him with his beautiful red coat, blue trousers, green umbrella and purple shoes in your adventure journal?
2. Can you write the date and a sentence about how quick witted he was?
3. Or about the human qualities the tigers had? Who struggled with anger and pride in this fable?
4. What happened in the end?
-Listen to the continent song and the ocean song as you are able.
The Continent Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDK6DSMZ8b3LE&v=K6DSMZ8b3LE
The Ocean Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6BE4VcYngQ
Writing with Ease – Week 16
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
1.A Taste of India!
Are you interested in trying new flavours? It would be fun to experiment with making a curry! Or ordering some. Or Naan Bread? What about ghee and pancakes just like Babaji ate? Maybe enjoying a juicy mango if you can find a ripe one at the grocery store would give you a taste.
2.Complete a little reading and research on the Taj Mahal. Caroline Arnold wrote a beautiful story entitled Taj Mahal, however it is not found on video through You Tube – instead here is a link ta tour and the Taj Mahal up close.
3. Make a 3-D Lotus Flower – India’s National Flower.
THIS MONTH’S ASSIGNMENT FOR SUBMISSION:
One photocopy of an adventure journal entry by Jan 29, 2021 OR a page of copywork from Writing with Ease to be submitted to Ms. Monica.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.