Class Name: History for Grammar Students
This week’s focus: Dominion of Canada/Woman’s Suffrage
Parents: For the next two weeks, the largest portion of our Zoom class will continue to focus on “Dominion of Canada” giving time and detail to our nation’s history from 1700 to 1900. Because of this, the MOH theme will be introduced but not given as much time or detail as our typical lessons.
In preparation for Schole support class:
• MOH text ~ Lessons 40, 41, 42
• Optional to work on during Thursday’s Class: Bring coloring page for the MOH week 14:
• And/or Canadian History Coloring Page:
To be completed this week:
• Complete Reading/Listening to Lessons 40, 41, 42
• History read aloud (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
(A reminder that APPENDIX B in the Curriculum Guide provides Canadian History through Living Books.
ENRICHMENT CHOICES – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Review Timeline Cards
• Companion Guide – NOTE that Section B lists Supplemental Books and Resources for each lesson!
• For the month of February: Grades 1 to 3: memorize the provinces of Canada / Grades 4 to 6: memorize provinces and capitals of Canada PARENT RESOURCE: https://www.cbc.ca/parents/play/view/printable-map-of-canada-puzzle
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and submissions