Class Name: History for Lower Grammar Students (optional)
This week’s focus: Dominion of Canada/Wright Brothers
Parents: Our class Zoom class focus will be the “Dominion of Canada” giving time and detail to our nation’s history from 1700 to 1900. Because of this, the MOH theme will be introduced but please cover the Wright Brothers in your homes. See Enrichment for extra resources.
(If interested, timeline cards for Canadian History are in Resource Library.)
In preparation for Schole support class:
• (Optional) MOH text ~ Lessons 43, 44, 45
• Optional to work on during Thursday’s Class: Bring coloring page for the MOH week 15:
• And/or timeline card:
• And/or Canadian History Timeline Cards:
To be completed this week:
• (Optional) Complete Reading/Listening to Lessons 43, 44, 45
• History read aloud (A list can be found in Appendix A of the Curriculum Guide.)
• (A reminder that APPENDIX B in the Curriculum Guide provides Canadian History through Living Books.
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Review Timeline Cards
• Companion Guide – NOTE that Section B lists Supplemental Books and Resources for each lesson!
• Wright Brother’s First Flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kjRL-Q-KBc
• Wright Brother’s Aeroplane Company:
• Read Aloud: The Wright Brothers (Landmark Books)
• For the month of February: Grades 1 to 3: memorize the provinces of Canada / Grades 4 to 6: memorize provinces and capitals of Canada PARENT RESOURCE: https://www.cbc.ca/parents/play/view/printable-map-of-canada-puzzle
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.