Class Name: Well Ordered Language Level 1B
This week’s focus: Chapter 5 ~ Compound Subjects
In preparation for Schole support class:
• Introduction: pages 121 to 126
• Terms to Remember through song/chant – Eight Parts of Speech (1-1), Principal Elements (1-3), Subject and Predicate (1-4), Nouns (1-5), * NEW: Conjunction (1-20)
• During Wednesday’s Zoom class we will work through Part A
• BRING TO CLASS: WOL workbook and pencil / small whiteboard and marker OR a clipboard with paper and marker.
To be completed this week:
• Complete Chapter 5 – A (we will work through lesson orally/on white board during Schole lesson)
• Complete Chapter 5 – B and C
ENRICHMENT – Extra resources for children and families who desire more
• Lessons to Learn – Review
• Lessons to Enjoy – Poem, Fable
(Optional) Poem to Memorize: (taken from Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization – IEW)
By Robert Louis Stevenson
I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.
The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow—
Not at all like proper children, which is always very slow;
For he sometimes shoots up taller like an India-rubber ball,
And he sometimes gets so little that there’s none of him at all.
He hasn’t got a notion of how children ought to play,
And can only make a fool of me in every sort of way.
He stays so close beside me, he’s a coward you can see;
I’d think shame to stick to nursie as that shadow sticks to me!
One morning, very early, before the sun was up,
I rose and found the shining dew on every buttercup;
But my lazy little shadow, like an arrant sleepy-head,
Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed.
***POEM OF THE MONTH: Trees by Joyce Kilmer:
THIS MONTH’S WOL QUIZ:
Chapter 4 Introductory Prepositional Phrases Quiz (Resource Library): http://www.calgaryclassicalschole.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/WOL1B-Quizzes-Keys.pdf
Enter mark on March Submission Guide with marking guide available in Resource Library WOL.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and submissions.
- This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Monica Hielema.