Class Name: Grade 8/9 Literature 2
This week’s focus: The Great Divorce Wrap Up
In preparation for class on April 29, 2021:
1. The following students will complete presentations on the assigned Ghost in the Great Divorce (Hannah, Livia, Mark, Henry/Lincoln)
2. Continue to read The Light Princess, The Shadows and The Giant’s Heart from The Complete Fairy Tales, pages 15-98.
3. Art of Poetry – Chapter 14: Walt Whitman: A Case Study in Open Verse Pages 184-190
4. Read Pages 5-28 in the Romeo and Juliet Student Book by David Wright
Enrichment for those who are wanting more:
1. Memorize the poem In Praise of Solid People by CS Lewis
2. Write your own Ghost Story, mimicking the way Lewis communicates moral lessons through scenes of a ghost meeting a bright person.
3. Memorize O Captain! My Captain on page 190 of Art of Poetry
March Submission – Due April 15, 2021
Some have handed this in and some have not. Please send ASAP so that I can submit marks to Ms Annemarie.
The March Submission was the two worksheets, entitled Unique Writing Strategies, that you may have completed together with a partner. If you choose to work independently, you did not need to complete all 8 examples, aim for 5, on the first 2 pages. (Strategy #1 and Strategy #2.)
NEW ASSIGNMENT – APRIL SUBMISSION – Due May 4, 2021
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com